Skip to main content

SPJ Code of ethics article summary Reflection Journal

 The article spj code of ethics mostly speaks about how to be a better journalist and focuses on things that you should not do as a journalist.

 Firstly, this article speaks about information that you put on your newsletter, newspaper, and articles etc.It explains that you should verify that the information you use is correct and exact and that you are responsible for the information you give out.You should not summarize information because that most likely leaves out important information.You should also, check if the source is reliable and accurate since the information that you are giving out should be accurate as well. One, more thing, avoid stereotyping at all costs since that can alter they way you write the article and provide the evidence.


Do not write about things that put the readers and the public to discomfort. Show compassion and when speaking about things such as crimes and personal things, be very sensitive about it since that can put the reader in discomfort.

 Do not participate in conflicts of your interest, refuse gifts or other forms of special treatment and avoid paying for information. Do not advertise when writing content.

Journalists should correct information that they know they got wrong and respond to feedback in a respectful manner.

Overall I think the article is instructions on how to be a better journalist and it basically a guide for journalists.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who am I? Why am I here?

                       Hello, my name is Khademul Islam Mahin. I am 15 years old. Currently I am a sophomore in Information Technology High School. I am from a country known as Bangladesh, Where I was born and raised there as a child. My dad got the chance to come to the US and he did for reasons that are very important to him.Afterwards my family came here. At first when I was accepted in a elementary school I got to see how this countries school were and everything else that I got to see when I came here. In general, It was new and a great experience overall.        Before moving on to high school I had to choose from a lot of high schools. I chose a few technology related high school and got accepted to Info Tech. I chose technology related high schools because after I came here I saw what technology can really do and since age 13 I had the dream of becoming a software engineer.I was filled with new experiences.Those experiences made me who I really am today.    

Reflection Journal for Logo Project

  In this project I first created logos and then I created business cards with them. The objective of the lab was to use the creativity from our minds and create good looking logos that describe us. To do this lab, I used photoshop to create the logos, by using selection tool and a little help from the grid view and used the brush tool to select and color the logos. Afterwards, I used Adobe InDesign to create the business cards. I used 3 different logos with 3 different layouts which resulted in 9 different business cards. To create those business cards I used different font styling and sizes, and different locations to put different information on that is needed for the card. In order to do this project I used the software's:  Adobe InDesign and Photoshop. This project is relevant to web design because it's relevant to design. This project lets your creativity flow, and that's mainly, what design is. If I ever need a business card for a business or any o

Reflection Journal for Newspaper Article

  I created a newspaper article.I think the objective of the lab was to learn about the design of newspapers and what parts there are in a newspaper. I used Adobe Indesign to create a newspaper, but first I used word to type out the article of the newspaper. After that I created a new document in Indesign with three columns of text space and a title space. Then I pasted the article from word into these three columns. Afterwards I added different parts of the newspaper that was other than the article, which are, for example an image or illustration with a caption and credit to the owner of it. I also added a pull quote from the original article itself.   In order to do this lab I used Microsoft Word and Adobe Indesign. This is relevant to Web Design because it is related to the layout of a newspaper. And because of that it is related to design and writing text in a special manner. I will use these skills in the future when I am going to create websites since I will have to write text